OITS provides 24 x 7 customers Network operation center (NOC) that is always available
by phone. The Network Operations Center, or NOC, is the primary work space engineers
utilize to monitor, manage and troubleshoot problems on a network. The Network Operations
Center offers oversight of problems, configuration and change management, network
security, performance and policy monitoring, reporting, quality assurance, scheduling,
and documentation by utilizing sophisticated network management, monitoring and
analysis tools. The Computer Operations staff supports the systems that run in the
mainframe, UNIX and Windows environments. The Operations staff works closely with
technical support staff and vendors to manage and trouble shoot system problems
that may occur. The staff monitors mechanical/electrical infrastructure and environmental
conditions for OITS managed Data Centers, along with video surveillance of the centers
24 x 7. Computer Operations staff monitors the daily, weekly and monthly system
backups and insure that disaster recovery tapes are managed both on and off site.
Computer Operations staff set up and executes the batch processing cycles for SHARP
and SMART to successful completion on schedule.
- Monitoring operations of all backbone links and network devices.
- Ensuring continuous operation of servers and services.
- Providing quality support for network users.
- Troubleshooting of all network and system related problems.
- Opening tickets to track and document resolution of problems.
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week supervised operation by highly skilled network and
computer operations staff.
- Monitoring of operating systems, applications and processing.
- Coordination of troubleshooting tasks with technical support and vendors.
- Managing onsite and offsite tape silos and libraries for Disaster Recovery.
- Schedule and execute batch processing for enterprise applications.
NOC Escalation Procedures:
Normal Problem Reporting:
Network Operations Center (NOC)
First Level Escalation:
Second Level Escalation:
BOT Technical Manager
Third Level Escalation:
OITS Telecommunications Director